About Us

Education

Equipment

Staff

Photos

Links






The Greenport Rescue Squad was founded in 1936 as a non-profit community service organization. Generations of volunteers have put in countless hours of service to shape this organization into the successful agency we are today.

We have grown along with the greater Hudson area community we serve. For many years we were located within the Greenport Fire Department building on Rt. 23B. As the needs for our services grew, so did the number of ambulances. By 1996, we had outgrown our former home and built a new one at 3 Newman Road. This state-of-the-art facility houses all of our vehicles and equipment and provides for expanded amenities for our staff.

Greenport Rescue Squad has always been a forward-looking organization. We were the first to make the move to paid staff from an all-volunteer cadre. We were the first to upgrade our services from BLS to ALS. And we were the first, and still the only Columbia County Agency to respond to over 3,000 calls from our community each year.